Monday, August 27, 2007

Blogging

I don't know where it has gone, but I seem rather uninspired of late. The past couple of months, namely. I used to find the inspiration to write essays about non-personal things - science and society and politics - the stuff I've always pondered and been keen to write out my thoughts upon.

Lately my blog entries are taken up with personal travailles; nay, not even that - more, frustrations in the realm of feeling, without real events necessarily accompanying. I see that as selfish. As a sign of withdrawing into myself at the expense of the world around me. And let's face it, others - my audience, that is, find it boring. At least I do. When on Opendiary.com or someone's blog, most uninspiring is usually the kind of writing that goes on and on about one's personal life. Writing about feelings surrrounding one's social/romantic life has a tendency to seem to matter to no one but the author. No one else really cares because although they might be able to relate at some level, the subject matter is so personal and particular that it inevitably loses most of it's meaning.

Conversely, essays and writing about society, etc., concern everyone; everyone can relate to, and ponder what is said equally. In point of fact, this even applies when returning to read one's own blog after time has passed. Feelings and emotions shift and change day-to-day, thus what is written loses its impact and much of its meaning after the mood has passed and the circumstances have moved along. It is better to write on the world around us. If one can place oneself into a more universal, less temporal, self-concerned context, the better the quality of blog entry; the more interesting and noteworthy and meaningful it becomes.

No comments:

About Me

I just started this blog. I'm going to put whatever on it. We'll see what happens.